This Mexican chicken casserole makes a hearty and healthy filling for tacos, fajitas, wraps or rice bowls. Try adding your favourite vegetables for variety.
Mexican Chicken Casserole
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 4 small chicken breasts, boned and skinned
- 1 cup Solecito salsa
- 1/2 medium-size yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup cooked or canned beans
- Sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-size squares. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil on a pan at medium heat. Sear the chicken the breasts until the outside is golden in colour. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tsp oil and sauté the onion until translucent. Add the peppers and toss gently for 1 minute. Add the chicken, salsa, corn and beans. Cover until the chicken is cooked through (about 6 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with warm tortillas or on a bed of rice.